White Picket Living - Build Your Dream Fence
People employ fences for many reasons. There are those who do so for security, noise reduction and boundary definition purposes. There are also those who feel that well-designed fences are stylish additions to the landscapes of their homes. Whether for security or for aesthetic reasons, fences are the best way to go. Adding fences to a particular property can definitely enhance your quality of life and the value of your home.
1. Fence Material 101 There are many types of fences that can be chosen from by those who are thinking about acquiring their own. These include wood fencing, vinyl fencing and ornamental fencing. Wood fencing is traditional, functional and aesthetically pleasing while vinyl fencing has timeless styling and is more intricate than wood fencing. Ornamental fencing, in turn, is high quality, elegant and high in toughness and strength. Among these three, it is wood fencing which is the most popular. This is because it combines both function and fashion in one single entity. There used to be a time when fences such as these were built entirely from scratch by those who want white picket fences for their homes. These days, however, preassembled fence panels which make fence construction faster and easier can be availed of from the market with no hassle at all.
2. Fence Panels And Styles The market has many different fence panels available to suit all tastes. These fences differ in detail and are uniquely designed so that not one is the same with the other. There are, however, three major preassembled fence panel styles for people to choose from. These include the solid, the spaced picket and the shadowbox fence panel styles.
3. Solid Style The style referred to as solid is that which is used as containment fencing. This style allows for complete privacy and is commonly used to surround swimming pools and divide property lines. The solid style is also used to hide unsightly areas or major roadways from view. Fences with solid styling generally use very closely-spaced pickets that vary in style, two of which include the basic dog-ear style and the pointed top or elaborate design.
4. Picket Style The style referred to as spaced picket is that which is ideal for keeping children and pets in defining boundaries. This style also allows fences to wear a distinctive look and aesthetic appeal. Fences that sport the spaced picket style are generally shorter than those that sport the solid style. The advantage this styling has over all the others is that the fences which it employs do not completely block view from the surrounding area.
5. Shadowbox Style The style referred to as shadowbox uses alternating panels across the back and front. This is to be able to give the fence the same look on both sides. The shadowbox is an ideal fence style for the reason that people from the other side have a pleasant view of the fence as well. Fences that sport the shadowbox style are taller than usual and have the look of full containment while allowing more air circulation.
6. Durability In buying durable fences intended to endure all storms, it is important to pay special attention to the materials that the fences themselves are made of. The mark of quality found in these materials hold a very special bearing on the fences that they make up. For wood fencing, it is important that the fences themselves are made of the right kind of lumber. Wood fencing treated with paint, stain or waterproofing sealer as well as those which employ weather-resistant galvanized nails and exterior screws are those which should be considered by people who want to acquire fences that are meant to last for eternity.
7. Make It Last And Save Money In The Long Run Perhaps the most excellent bit of generic advice that anyone can be given as far as buying fences is concerned is that one should buy the best he can afford. Paying a significant premium for the best and the real top of the range stuff allows one to own fences that will not wear or break much faster than intended. This is particularly true for wood fencing, because it is more popular and has the tendency to be particularly abused. Wood fencing is that which is much more consistent as far as standard is concerned and is assured to outlive those which purport to be stylish but do not have the capacity to last a day anyway.
Yarra Track Wines Articles
Yarra Track Wines Books
Yarra Track Wines